We’re going back to the basics this week with LA-based artist Robyn O’Neil’s lesson in the figure-ground relationship: Draw a Psychological Landscape.
Episode 6 INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Get a piece of paper and something to draw with.
2. Create a ground on your picture plane.
3. Populate the ground with figures and give them human-like characteristics.
4. Upload it using #theartassignment
5. Fame and glory. (Your work might be featured in an upcoming video.)
Learn more about Robyn’s work here, and follow her on twitter!
Mentions include: Bob Ross, Albert Bierstadt, Werner Herzog’s Cave of Forgotten Dreams, and the Chauvet Cave paintings.